Frequently Asked Questions ?
How do I book a place ?
– The easiest way to reserve your place is to book online through the website. We use a secure booking system provided by Trekksoft which accepts all major cards. You can also make a booking or enquiry by phone by calling us. You can pay the full tour cost upfront or secure your place with a booking deposit. If you prefer to pay using a different method such as a bank transfer we are happy to arrange this for you.
Do I need travel insurance for the tour ?
– We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive travel insurance before your trip. Ireland is a safe country but things can always go wrong ! Your insurance should cover cancellations, medical expenses, personal luggage, money, personal accident and public liability. Boru Irish Adventures accepts no liability for loss or damage to personal belongings or liability for personal injury or death.
Do I need a Visa for Ireland ?
– Whether you need a visa or not depends on your country of origin. Generally EU countries do not require a VISA to visit Ireland but countries outside the EU do require a Visa but there are exceptions. The list of countries that do not require a visa can be found on the Irish Immigration website.
When do I need to pay the full tour price ?
– You can pay the full amount when you make your booking or you can pay a 25% deposit to book your place. The balance must be paid 30 days in advance of your tour.
Special Dietary Requirements ?
– Most restaurants in Ireland cater for special dietary requirements. Vegans and Vegetarians are well catered for with some really creative dishes. If you have special requirements please let us know in advance of your trip so that we can research the best places for you and advise the guesthouses in advance of your arrival.
Is there a single supplement ?
– We encourage and welcome independent travellers to join our small groups. Small groups means everyone gets to know each other from day one and are the best way to fully immerse yourself and meet like minded travellers. So if you don’t mind sharing with someone of the same gender we will do our best for you to avoid the supplement. However, if you prefer to have your own room we have to charge a single supplement as our tour price is based on two people sharing. We keep the supplement as low as possible and you can find the details on each tour.
Are the activities physically demanding ?
– We have activities for all ages and levels of fitness. Our instructors are trained to match the activities to the abilities of the group and if an activity is not something that you are interested in doing, there is no compulsion. We purposely don’t include all activities in the tour price so that you have the freedom to pick and choose the activities you that appeal to you. If you prefer to take longer to explore an area or just want to relax with a coffee and a book it’s your holiday and you are free to do as you wish.
How much free time do we have during the tour ?
– Every day is different on tour so it’s not easy to create an exact schedule. However, we aim to get on the road by 9 or 10 am each day depending on the activity planned for that day. We also aim to drop guests to their accommodation by 5 or 6 pm each day, sometimes earlier. Some evenings it will be suggested to meet as a group for dinner but there is no compulsion to do so. All our overnights are close to town centres where you will have a choice of food and entertainment. Your guide will have recommendations on where to find the best food and entertainment.
Are tours guaranteed to depart ?
– We only need a minimum of four travellers for a tour to depart and as a result we have never had to cancel a tour.
Will there be other independent travellers on the tour ?
– Boru Irish Adventures attracts a wide range of guests including friends, independent travellers, couples and family members. We encourage and welcome every type of traveller and our small group means that everyone gets to know each other from the first day.
How much time will we spend on the road ?
– We keep driving time to as little as possible on our tours because we believe time is better spent in the great outdoors. All our destinations are close together so you can expect approximately 2 to 3 hours driving time per day. We break up any long drives with the best stop off locations on route so that you don’t miss anything and you don’t spend long periods on the road.
What kind of vehicles do you use ?
– We use spacious, air conditioned minivans with a maximum capacity of eight. There will be up to seven guest plus the driver guide on your tour.
Are airport transfers included ?
– Our tours stop and start in city centre locations. We do not provide airport transfer on any of our set tours. Transfer from airports is easily arranged by taxi or air coach. For private groups arriving on the same flight airport pick up can be arranged just get in touch.
Do I need to bring cash on the tour ?
– EUR is the currency used in the Republic of Ireland while GBP is used in Northern Ireland. We recommend travellers bring a small amount of local currency with them on tour. Most bars and restaurants accept major credit cards but sometimes in remote locations it’s better to have some currency.
Is smoking allowed in vehicles ?
– Ireland has a no smoking policy in the workplace which includes transport vehicles. There are plenty of stops and chances to light up between stops. The no smoking policy extends to bars and restaurants but they do provide enclosed smoking areas for customers.
What type of accommodation can we expect on tour ?
– We use specially selected locally owned guesthouses and B&Bs on tour. We believe staying in locally owned accommodation adds to the Irish experience and helps sustain local communities. A full breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the adventure ahead.
For private group tours all accommodations options are possible from renowned castles to quaint cottages we can help you to select the accommodation based on your preferences.
Is there a private bathroom ?
– We have specially selected all of our accommodation to include a ensuite (private) bathroom for each room.
How much luggage can I bring ?
– We recommend that you travel light but we understand that it’s a;ways difficult to decide exactly what to bring. Our minivans are spacious and have a large baggage area but for the comfort of all travellers we limit the baggage to one medium sized suitcase or one 75L backpack, plus a day bag of no more than 25L.
What should I bring on tour ?
– While we advise to travel light there are a few essential items for your Irish tour:
- Hiking boots/shoes
- Waterproof Jacket
- Beach towel and swimwear for water based activities (wet suits provided)
- A great sense of humour and adventure
- Sun screen
Do people tip in Ireland ?
– In restaurants if you are happy with the service and the food it is customary to tip around 10% of the bill but there is no need to tip at the bar. There is no obligation to tip our guides but if you feel they added to your trip tipping is always nice !
What if I need to cancel my tour ?
– In the event you need to cancel a booked tour our cancellation policy is as follows :
- Cancellation more than 60 days before departure you will only be charged the deposit.
- Cancellation between 60 days and 30 days before departure you will be charged 50% of the holiday price
- Cancellation 30 days before departure or on or after the commencement of the tour you must pay the full price of the holiday.
– All our tours have an individual page that has the specific details of what’s included on that tour however here is a list of what we include on all of our tours:
- A friendly expert local guide. Our tours are fully guided by locals with a passion for Ireland and adventure.
- Spacious air conditioned transport with WiFi on board
- Specially selected accommodation
- Full breakfast every morning
- Entrance fees to many attractions and National Parks
- Some activities – we build some activities into the tour price (cycle & SUP), however other activities are highly weather dependant and we like to give our guests the freedom to pick and choose the activities they take part in so we do not bundle them into the tour price.
- All taxes and charges
- Bottled water on board
– You will need a three pin adaptor, the same as the UK, to charge your electrical devices. Your guide will have some available to purchase or will be able to direct you to find one. It will also be possible to charge your phone in the vehicle so bring any USB charging leads with you.
Do passengers move their own luggage ?
– Yes generally passengers are totally responsible for their own luggage, storing, moving, loading etc. However, if for any reason you need some assistance your guide can certainly help you out.