Terms and Conditions Multi-day Tours
Boru Irish Adventures is the trading name of Boru Irish Adventures Ltd which has its registered office at 35 Christendom Square, Abbeylands, Ferrybank, Waterford and is a limited company with registration number 604870.
The client is the person or persons who has/have made a confirmed booking with Boru Irish Adventures.
Booking and Payment
1) You can pay for your trip in full or secure your place by paying a 25% deposit. We use a secure booking system Bokun and Stripe Payment processor and accept all major credit cards, at no additional cost. If you would prefer to pay by a different method, this can be arranged please contact us.
Cancellation of Booking
2) Any cancellation must be notified in writing by the person who made the booking. If you cancel your holiday:
- more than 60 days prior to the start of your holiday, you will only be charged your deposit.
- between 60 and 30 days, you will be charged 50% of the holiday cost.
- less than 30 days before the start of your holiday or on or after the commencement of the holiday, you must pay the full holiday price plus any insurance premium paid.
Note: We appreciate that wholly unforeseen events may result in cancellation. We therefore strongly advise you to take out insurance against irrecoverable cancellation cost (see Point 8 below). You will be advised of the exact amount of any cancellation charge prior to the cancellation being finalised.
Changes or Cancellation by us
3) Before you enter into a contract with us, we reserve the right to change any of the facilities, services or prices described in our brochure or website. We also reserve the right to cancel the holiday. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a trip is not fulfilled, we may have to cancel your holiday. It is unlikely we will have to make any changes to your holiday and any changes are usually very minor. If a major change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your holiday begins. A major change is an alteration of the start or finish time of your holiday by more than 12 hours, a change of holiday location or a change to a lower standard of accommodation. When a major change or cancellation occurs you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another available holiday from us, or cancelling your holiday. We will refund all payments made directly to us in respect of the holiday cost. We will not refund any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as flight payments for land-only trips, travel insurance, equipment purchases, visas, vaccinations etc. Where a major change or cancellation arises from circumstances amounting to force majeure (see below), we will endeavour to refund all sums as yet unpaid by us to our suppliers, however it is your responsibility to claim the remainder of any irrecoverable payments and charges from your travel insurers. The client accepts that certain activities and aspects of Boru Irish Adventure tours are weather dependent and that under no circumstances can Boru Irish Adventures be held responsible for weather conditions.
Boru Irish Adventures reserves the right to reduce the price of any of our tours. The final price applicable will be confirmed to the client before the client makes a booking.
Boru Irish Adventures itineraries are deliberately flexible and if possible the requirements of individual groups and clients will be facilitated. Boru Irish Adventures reserves the right to vary, modify or cancel any itinerary, either partly or wholly. Itineraries published are sample itineraries only and may be amended without notice. Boru Irish Adventures also reserves the right to use alternative vehicles to those advertised in the brochure or website.
Changes by the Client
4) If a client, after booking onto a trip and paying a deposit and/or full payment, would like to change onto an alternative trip, an additional administration fee of €50 is charged. If the trip originally booked starts within 8 weeks of the request to change trips being made, any such change may be treated as a cancellation by the client, in which case the cancellation conditions in section 2 will apply.
5) Any information provided by Boru Irish Adventures on such matters as climate, clothing, baggage, travel, accommodation, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Boru Irish Adventures.
Adventure Travel and Client Responsibility
6) It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in this sort of trip and you accept that in visiting remote and mountainous regions there is an element of on-tour flexibility. The itinerary stated in the trip dossier is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise.
The client agrees that Boru Irish Adventures may take photographs and films of the client while on the tour and that these may be used in Boru Irish Adventuress brochures and/or advertising without obtaining further consent or payment in respect of such photographs or films.
7) Accommodation is usually in twin or double rooms unless stated otherwise and we request that clients who book individually share a twin room. Where a single room is requested, we will try to accommodate this but a single supplement will often apply – please check at the time of booking. When making a booking you accept that this additional supplement may apply and, where appropriate, you will be advised and invoiced for the relevant amount. On some itineraries please note that no single accommodation is available.
Personal Travel Insurance
8) It is a condition of booking that you are insured against medical and personal accident risks. This must cover the activities undertaken and include repatriation costs, air ambulance and helicopter rescue services and cancellation and curtailment.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is adequate and you must complete the declaration in the booking form to confirm this.
In the event of emergency medical rescue and/or repatriation from a trip by whatever means, the responsibility of such costs will be borne by the client. It is therefore essential that adequate cover is in place. We strongly recommend that you take out an insurance policy at the same time as booking.
All luggage and personal equipment are, at all times, at your own risk. We will not be responsible whatsoever for any loss, damage to your luggage and/or personal equipment. We therefore recommend that your insurance policy includes cover for baggage and personal items.
Medical Conditions & Dietary Requirements
9) If you are affected by a medical condition which may affect your or other people’s enjoyment of the holiday, you must advise this at the time of booking. Similarly you must advise us of dietary requirements at the time of booking.
Independent Travel Arrangements
10) We will not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the holiday.
11) If you have a complaint about the holiday you should make it known to your guide/leader at the earliest opportunity. If you are on a trip without a guide, or if you do not feel that your guide has dealt with your complaint in a satisfactory manner, we encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible so that we can help find an agreeable solution during your trip. Any outstanding complaint not resolved during the trip should be notified to us in writing within 30 days of the scheduled date of return.
Our Liability & Compensation
12) We shall not be liable for any damages caused by the total or partial failure to carry out the holiday if such failure is: attributable to anyone other than the Boru Irish Adventure staff; unforeseeable or unavoidable and attributed to a third party unconnected to us; a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances, reasonably beyond the control of Boru Irish Adventures; a result of an event which Boru Irish Adventures or any of its agents, even with all due care, could not foresee.
If the client is unsuccessful in any legal action instituted against us, the client agrees to pay all our costs, including, but not limited to, legal costs.
All bookings with carriers and other service providers (including but not limited to providers of accommodation, activities and food) are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those carriers and other service providers. Please note that some of these limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage to baggage. Whilst Boru Irish Adventures cannot accept any responsibility for any loss as a result of such actions or as a result of any act of omission of any such third parties, Boru Irish Adventures will give every assistance to the client in helping to resolve any reasonable dispute.
Many activity and outdoor pursuits arrangements referred to in the brochure are provided independently by third party activity and outdoor pursuits providers. Such arrangements are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by those providers, and as such any contracts are undertaken directly between you and the third party activity and outdoor pursuits provider. All such arrangements are made independently of Boru Irish Adventures, regardless of any help and assistance which Boru Irish Adventures may provide in securing such arrangements.
13) Tickets can only be used by the client to whom the ticket was issued; no other person can use the ticket in any circumstances.
The ticket must be produced at any time at the request of an Boru Irish Adventures Representative, and the client may also be asked to produce valid photo identification.
No Smoking Policy
Boru Irish Adventures operates a no-smoking policy on all its vehicles.